Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer Break

The last night of BSF was last night, and it was a nice night of sharing. I think overall the Lord has worked some lessons into my heart and mind that He definitely wants me to apply from the study of The Life of Moses. The first has been trust. During the study, we really got to see how the Lord drew Moses closer to Him and Moses grew in his faith and trust in the Lord. He was first called, way out of his comfort zone, to follow God's calling to lead the people out of Egypt. "No way," he said, "send someone else." So God offered Him help. I have felt out my comfort zone many times over this past year, from being a first year children's leader and wondering where the time was going to come from to complete the lessons to caring for my grandma to now awaiting a baby with only one of us working. I keep praying about Ryan's job situation, and it seems like Ryan may be following the right path in continuing to do the car sales thing...but I'm out of my comfort zone not knowing and waiting for God's time and His revelation to us both what His will is for us. Many times over the last year, I've whined, "This isn't fair God! Why can't it be someone else?" And God has sent me fellow BSF leaders and family to help or to pray. From that first call then onto the parting of the Red Sea to trusting God's path in the wilderness to obeying when God said it was time for him to die, Moses trusted God, and that's all I can do, as well. The second thing I learned is that God will enable us for the tasks He has called us to do. I have seen Him continually, week by week, provide the time for me to complete those lessons I was worried about, even when it felt like there was no time. He has enabled me to lead children of an age group I have never led. On Monday nights, when invariably, I had morning sickness or a migraine or some form of opposition on my health, when my sweet fellow leaders & I prayed before class, I know it was Him who enabled me to not just get through the evening, but who sustained me with extra energy and joy. He will also enable me to be a mother. And like He spoke those small words to me last week in my frustration, just like He enabled Moses, He will enable me to care for my grandma. The final thing I really gleaned from this year was the value of intercession for those you lead and for others in my life. I saw how arguments with those close to me were best resolved when I shut my mouth and prayed for the Holy Spirit's intercession for the situation, because I just didn't know how to pray. I saw how when we prayed specifically for students to come or to complete their lessons that those prayers were answered, and students came, behaved and had completed lessons. I saw how in the midst of tough situations that prayer for the other people changed my perspective so that I didn't quite feel as worried or angry. It's been quite a year! I am excited for John to begin next year and am also very thankful for the blessing of Summer break.

No comments:

Blog Archive