Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Calendar Today

“You’re an original and God planned for you even before you were born. He knows all about you and He has so many precious thoughts about you, you can’t even number them. ‘You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in Your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! – Ps. 139:16-18.’”

This touches my heart in two ways: one to know that my God cares so much about me, that He thinks precious thoughts about me. Two, that He cares about our baby in this same way. To know that His thoughts are innumerable and outnumber the grains of sand is truly amazing! I can only imagine how many positive thoughts I have had and will have throughout my child’s life, but to know that this child has been dedicated to God and is truly His child gives me such peace. Even now in my womb, I can trust my Creator’s hand that is holding him/her. God knows and even sees every little flutter that I feel, every little cell that is formed, every little beat of the baby’s heart. He loves and cares so much more for this baby than Ryan or I ever could, and that is such a comfort to me.

God, I pray that you would call our child to You as s/he grows. I want our baby to know You, your Word and your ways. Help Ryan and I to train him/her up right in the Bible and in the truth, and when You call them to the truth, I pray that You would place a burning desire in their heart to answer you and run to You. Enable us to teach him/her that with You all things are possible, that You are trustworthy, unchanging and our true life source. Thank You for caring so much for us, as finite as we are, as imperfect as we are. Thank You for your thoughts, Your guidance and the Love you sent for us. Amen.

No comments:

Blog Archive