Friday, January 15, 2016

Weaned.

Tennyson is weaned.
My last baby is weaned.
I will not breastfeed again.

I tried to wean him several months ago when I got really ill and had to be on a lot of different meds, but even after eight-ish days, he was asking (not very politely!) for "boobie." I started him back up when I am pretty sure I was getting mastitis in both breasts, and he wouldn't drop the issue during an Imax movie at the museum.

It was such a blessing to have nursed him as long as I did (23.5 months). I had a very hard time in the beginning with Zooey, and if you remember, she weaned very suddenly all by herself. Before I even became pregnant with Tennyson I prayed that he would pick up nursing easily, that he would nurse for at least a year and that God would prepare us both for the time he would be done. God answered my prayer, and as He always does, answered in abundance. I am always touched at how much He loves me and cares about the little details of my life.

He last nursed January 1 before bed, and he told me they were "empty." The next night I reminded him they were empty, and while he was a little upset, he let it go easily. He didn't really ask after that. I had a huge sense of peace (unlike a couple months before), and in my heart, I just knew it was time. God is so good.

So, the chapter in my life of babies and breastmilk is closed, but the ending isn't something I would change or have any other way. <3 p="">
Less than an hour old



12/9/15, almost 23 months




No comments: