Thursday, February 18, 2010

My living room looks like Fisher Price threw up on it

Seriously. I used to have a nice, cozy feel with room for guests to sit and chat. Now I have a swing, jumparoo, playpen, activity mat and don't forget the baby blanket, Boppy and burp cloths. It's not like I have room for this stuff somewhere else. It would only block closets and create fire hazards. I guess it's just part of the gig when you have a kid, right? I know someday I'm going to look around at broken vases and disarray and think back on these days with nostalgia, because right now Zooey's not mobile enough to cause damage. I also know someday I'm going to look at pictures of my living room chaos and remember scooping my baby up from each of these various baby items and ache for the time I could hold her in my arms. So - I embrace the chaos of baby toys and cherish every sweet second when my little girl looks up at me from them and smiles.

No comments:

Blog Archive