Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The dreaded 4 month wakefuls

I think, that is.

Zooey will be 4 months this Friday. I know - can you believe it!? Anyways, she's been having HORRIBLE naps this week. 45 minute intruder naps. Naps where she'll wake up after 30 minutes and just play. Naps where she cries and cries before the nap. This problem started with just her 1st nap of the day. It kept happening, and in my gut I thought it was because she needed to drop her last nap. Well, then last week, she began taking a short nap for her 3rd nap, as well. I decided to drop her 4th nap cold turkey yesterday after some advice I got from some other moms. She did very well dropping that nap, as she has actually gone without taking it several times when we were out and about. I awoke today thinking it would be a new day. That Zooey would go back to taking her excellent 2 hour naps for the first 2 naps and at least an hour-1.5 hours for the 3rd. That is not what happened. In fact, her routine is so out of whack that I felt it best for her to have a 4th nap today, just because she's only slept for about 2.5 hours napwise today. I also figured out that she's just in there playing when she wakes up early (she's not hungry or soiled - I've tried feeding her and she just stops to talk, look around or laugh). Today I noticed that it seems like she's just crying because social time is ending when it's time to go down for a nap. So...CIO time has begun again. So hard to listen to, but I know it's worth it in the long run. A few women have told me that I can probably expect the good naps from dropping the 4th nap in about 4-5 days, so I am both hoping and praying that we can get back on task with her routine tomorrow and that we will see positive changes before Zooey & I go out of town next weekend. It would be a total drag to have a crabby, overtired baby on vacation.

Anyone have 4 month wakefuls? How long did they last?

I am praising the Lord that they're not happening in the middle of the night! :)

No comments:

Blog Archive