Monday, February 15, 2010

My Little Valentine

Zooey's first Valentine's Day was yesterday! We are visiting Jenni for President's Day weekend, and we've been having SO much fun. We've been hanging out, watching movies, shopping (oh-my-goodness-so-exciting-Carters Outlet Store!), eating and talking. My mom, of course, is still on my mind, but it's been a nice, relaxing trip and a good mental break for me. I even took a bath! The last time I got to do that was in August when I was pregnant and sick with that horrible stomach flu that gave me contractions! It's been a really sweet time, and I've been enjoying it. Zooey's been enjoying it, too. She traveled well and conquered her first plane ride like a champ. Even though her routine got a little off, she was right back on track by day 2 and we've had minimal fussing/crying with her. Everyone's always impressed with how good a baby Zooey is. :) She really just goes with the flow; I could learn a lot from her. I heard her first real belly laughs this weekend and even got them on video (e-mail me if you'd like the link and password to view it). It was hysterical, heart-warming and SOOO cute! She's fascinated by a new rattle that Jenni & Austin gave her and seems to have mastered the art of shaking it. I mean, she was shaking stuff before, but now she is amazed that she is the one making the rattling noise. She's just so much fun, and I am so in love with her! I feel like I have a better understanding of love this Valentine's Day just having her in my life. I could go on and on, but it's time to get on with the day...my visit's almost over. Love to all!

No comments:

Blog Archive