Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We're home!

Zooey & I are home. The trip back home was, shall we say, more adventurous than the journey there. First off, I bought too many outfits at the Carters outlet store and coupled with the extra wipes from my trip, I had to bounce up and down on my suitcaseto get it to shut. Visions of underwear going round and round at baggage claim from a busted suitcase were running through my mind. When I finally got that taken care of, I went downstairs and to my dismay realized that my car seat base was in Jenni's car. Crap. She was kind enough to turn around and make the 20 minute drive to bring it to me and drop me off for breakfast with my in-laws. While waiting for her, we had a major spit-up issue which thankfully was all over Zooey's jacket and none on the outfit. The airport included a mini-hunger-breakdown at security and a leaky diaper & costume change...oh, and a delayed flight. Zooey & I were both very happy when we finally walked through the gates at the airport and saw Daddy at the waiting area! :) Even with all that, it wasn't that bad. Zooey is an AWESOME baby and did great on the plane. People were even commenting on how great she was and asking me my "secret." Um. Nurse her so her ears don't hurt. She adjusted to her routine perfectly and already seems to be right back on track. We are very blessed. Sometimes I wonder if the next one will be this happy, content and easygoing, but only time will tell.

Of course, coming home brings me back to reality, and once again my family is up against cancer. My mom had her biopsy consultation this morning, and they got her in super quick - tomorrow morning at 7:00. The dr. said he was concerned and is "praying that it is just scar tissue from a prior infection." That is what we are praying, too. Again, no matter what happens, I have full confidence in God's perfect will. I also firmly believe that the speediness of this process thus far is no accident. I feel that the timing of each appointment has been an answer to prayer. God is faithful. He works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. I REJOICE in knowing that this includes each one of my immediate family members. We're gearing up for battle. I keep thinking of the spiritual armor that I must put on daily to combat the enemy's lies and the anxiety that comes with the fear he is constantly trying to instill in my mind. My mom is so brave. It has to be so scary and so hard to know that you're going to face something that sucks SO BADLY. It has to take a courage like none I've ever known. I know God is with her, I can see it in her face.

No comments:

Blog Archive