Friday, June 1, 2012

I realize I've been pretty quiet on the blogging front, but that's because life's been pretty busy on the home front! Zooey just keeps getting bigger and bigger, and so many times each day I realize she's really a big girl now. We play, run errands, go do exciting things, and all day I love to see her excitement over life in general. Just today, we went to Sarah's to take her lunch, and Zooey was flat-out-overjoyed looking through the door at the dogs. We got home, and she giggled and pet Tiny as he jumped all over her and licked her face. Ah, to find joy in such little moments...luckily, I do get to experience joy just watching her. More about Zooey to come in her 32! month update.

I'm training for my first triathlon in two years and getting pumped for that. It's on June 17th and it's one I've done before. I'm excited and nervous, but I feel somewhat confident having done the course before. My swim is a little weak, but so far my bike and run are on target. My goal will be to run the entire run segment this race, which I have only done in one other tri. I've been really run-focused this time out, so I'm hoping that helps. I have also been reading about nutrition and hydration and realizing that I probably need to drink more fluids during the bike so I don't hit the wall on the run when temps get up to low 90's.

On another note of health, Ryan and I are going to do the Paleo Diet, me the one for athletes and him the regular one. I started yesterday and so far am only having mad sugar cravings in the evening when I normally load up on some candy. Which is exactly why I wanted to do this diet - to be more healthy and also to eat more protein, which I know I'm lacking on in my diet and need for training.

We are enjoying the summer so far and have been able to get out and swim and watch Zooey in the baby pool. Ryan is working hard on getting his garden going. He's going to plant his delicious tomatoes tomorrow and even try for a pumpkin this year. I love fresh produce! He's so good, and he tends to it so well; we had amazing veggies last year.

So, basically, our lives are going about pretty normally at the moment, and I am relishing the blessing of the family God has given me. I hope you are well!

No comments:

Blog Archive