Wednesday, June 6, 2012

32 Months

Zooey now:
~ Jumps! Just as she has done with every other gross motor milestone, she just started jumping last Sunday on her own. She didn't even really practice; she just did it.
~ Bargains. :) This can be cute and frustrating (more for her than for me). She will say "minute!" and hold up her little finger when she wants one more minute to keep playing.
~ Asks for what she wants on her own, which is a big step in her speech therapy. She will tell me what she wants to eat, for example, without me giving her options.
~ Is talking a lot more! Her therapists are very proud of her, and we are now working on pronounciation and emphasizing syllables and two-word combos. I also have a praise about this; her new SLP told me that she is on the right, normal track for language development, it's just delayed. She also said that she's met many children like Zooey (very bright, high receptive language, all needs met) who just choose not to speak until they are three. The fact that she has waited to accomplish so many other milestones then masters them kind of makes me think that could be her style.
Heading home from a baseball game

Pouring and scooping rice

Playing with her new floaties. She was "swimming" on the carpet.

Zooey LOVES:
~ Water! She could play with it ALL day. We've been swimming at our gym's pool three times, and last night we went with her brand new floaties. She thought she was such a big girl just being able to hold my hand and kick her feet all by herself. She also braved jumping in from the side and I caught her. She also loves her baby pool in the back yard and playing at the sink.





~ Coloring, especially with her dot markers. I've started printing bingo dauber alphabet sheets for her to do and am trying to think of a way to creatively make an alphabet banner for her out of them for when we start school. I think I'm going to have to shrink them somehow, then laminate them.


No comments:

Blog Archive