Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tennyson Week Three

I can't believe it's been three weeks! It's crazy how fast kids grow...it was only three weeks ago he was in my belly. Tennyson's cord finally fell off this week, and he's all healed up from his circ. I weighed him on my scale at home, and he was up to 10 lb. 1.2 oz. He's a big boy! Tennyson went to his first BSF class this week (out of utero, anyway :) ), and it went more smoothly than I thought it would with two kids. I feel like I'm still adjusting to getting them both out and the routines and stuff.

Zooey finally adjusted a lot more this week. She seems much happier and more used to the whole having a brother and not getting all of mommy's and daddy's attention thing. She loves her brother SO much, and she is learning to be more gentle with him. Tennyson continues to wake up and is particularly interested in his sister. My prayer for them is that they will share a godly bond. I hope they enjoy each other from childhood into adulthood.

I know some people who are having babies and are going to do Babywise, too, so I thought it would be helpful to post some things (not in super-detail) that Tennyson's been doing. I know it's always been helpful to me to be able to ask other moms or read blogs about what a baby or child was doing at a particular age group. I think we are getting into a groove schedule-wise. Right now I feed him every 2.5-3 hours; my desired waketime is 7:30-8:00, so when we start getting out more he will (hopefully) nap on the go. He's been going 4 hours in between nighttime feedings, so he eats at 11:30/3:30 then wakes up on his own around 7:45. I have been doing cluster feeds most nights at about 6:30 and 8:00; I think this has helped him extend his nighttime sleep, too.


Best buds :)





Those are the only pictures I have from this week so far, because my computer broke. Bummer!

No comments:

Blog Archive