Thursday, October 10, 2013

Tennyson Week Four



This is mostly a picture post, because, let's face it - I have a lot going on right now and forgot to blog. Tennyson is a sleepy little guy still. I have to work to get him to wake up for his wake times. He gained almost a full pound this week (13 oz), though, so I know he's eating well even if it looks like he's snoozing through his feeds. All this sleepiness just means more delicious snuggle time for me! :) I love baby snuggles - it's my favorite part of the newborn phase. When Tennyson was awake this week, he started to get more interested in what was going on around him, mostly Zooey, followed by me and Ryan and a couple toys like the mirror in the picture below. I have a feeling Zooey and he are going to be buds. When he hears her voice he looks around for her then just stares at her when she comes into his sight. She also loves him so much! She gets very upset when he cries and asks me "Baby Tennyson going be alright?" So sweet!

He really likes the little bee on the mirror. He went five hours after his 11:30pm feeding twice this week - woohoo! He often has to be woken up for his morning wake time. I'm guessing he still has a little day/night confusion, which is why I work so hard to make sure he wakes up after he eats during the day. I also think he's a lot like Zooey was (and like my mom always said Sarah & me were) - he's a big sleeper. Zooey was always on the high end of sleep need for her age, and she was always on the low end of optimal wake time. She's still a great sleeper, and I'm hoping little Tennyson will be the same way. Tennyson really has a big non-nutritive sucking need. He could probably nurse all day, and he loves his paci. I have to say, it's nice being able to give that to him to comfort him.

"What's up?"

"Too tired to visit..."

"And I'm out. And passing some gas."

First trip to church in this cute little outfit. He only wore it once.


"Why, who's this handsome guy?"

LOVE his little rosebud lips

They were tasting each other...you know how babies are; gotta engage all the senses


First "real" bath

She loves him so much and is learning to be more gentle every day




No comments:

Blog Archive