Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tennyson Week One

We came home on Sunday after a three night hospital stay. Zooey was super excited to see her brother! Although the transition the first two weeks for her was kind of rough, she loves him so much and still wanted to kiss and touch him a lot. As any parent knows, this is when the real work begins. :) We are doing Babywise with Tennyson, like we did with Zooey, so week one was all about me trying to make sure my supply was established and getting him to take full feedings...and basically survive between post-surgery pain and sleep deprivation. It wasn't my main focus, but I did try to make sure I stayed on somewhat of a routine. I also knew this time not to keep him up too long. Ryan was so awesome and took care of the three of us and kept up with the house. The "baby" part this time was SO much easier (except as Ryan pointed out we are four years older, so I think the lack of sleep part is harder). I just don't feel as stressed as I did with Zooey. I don't freak out with every cry; I find myself calmer and know how to troubleshoot a lot better than I did with her. In fact, the hardest part the first two weeks was trying to help Zooey adjust. She had a lot of meltdowns and really craved our attention. I spent a lot of time in the middle of the night praying for her...

I love baby snuggles so much! I spent a lot of that first week just holding him and loving on him. :) I know this sounds crazy, but I was worried I wouldn't bond with him as quickly, because I felt like I didn't have as much time to focus on the pregnancy. But I did! I fell in love with him right away.


Heading home
Waiting for him to get out of the car


First time she held her brother




They all hate baths in the beginning!




No comments:

Blog Archive