Thursday, August 4, 2011

The last few days have been pretty awful. At this point, my heart is screaming "Don't take her!!," but my mind and also my heart want my mom to be free of all this. She has what they call terminal agitation, which means she's been extremely agitated, combative, hallucinating and just not herself anymore. As much as I have heard of other dying patients acting like this, I honestly never thought about it with regard to my mom. It breaks my heart, because I can tell she's uncomfortable and frustrated and confused...and there's nothing I can do to help her other than give her the meds they've prescribed to hopefully help with some of this. Sarah and I have probably each gotten about 4 hours sleep max the last couple of nights; it's been pretty intense. It is taxing on us, as well, but mostly it just breaks my heart.

No comments:

Blog Archive