Friday, January 22, 2010

First workout week was rockin'!

Ok. I couldn't think of a better adjective than "rockin'," but I did manage to workout 4x this week - woohoo for me! I think I even have a good idea of where to fit it in my schedule each day. Plus, I'm super excited, because my dad offered to take me to his gym with his guest pass and I'd love to do a spin class or something. Going to keep track on my blog/journal/log, so I can keep stay motivated and hopefully stay on track to train for the tri in June. I'll need to start training in March for that and am hoping to be up to running at least 30 min. by then.

Mon-ran 2/2's 6x (ran w/orthotics; l. knee pain and shin pain-shoes??)
Tues-rode trainer, wu 10 min./hard 25 min.
Wed-rest
Thur-ran 2/2's 6x (ran w/o orthotics; ankle pain. Need new shoes.)
Fri-rode trainer, wu 10 min/hard 25 min.

Going to attempt baby yoga tomorrow...but I'm feeling good so far. Minimal soreness and feeling great mentally. Proud of myself for meeting my small workout goal this week. Same goal for next week with same workouts. If I feel good, then in 2 weeks I'll up my run to 4/2's and my bike to 40 min. Unless I join Dad's gym, not planning on swimming until March or April

1 comment:

Beth Anne said...

You did so much better than me on the working out!

I need to remember that if I squeeze out just 30 extra minutes in my day, it will make a difference. Kudos to you for making it a priority!

Blog Archive