Friday, April 24, 2009

Walking is NOT the same as running!

Feeling a little bummed today. The weather here is so beautiful – it was in the low 80’s yesterday! I think back over the last two years at this time and the bike rides I was planning for the weekend or the runs I would go out for in the evenings, and it leaves me a little sad. I see people running past my office on their lunch breaks, and it makes me want to throw on a running skirt and hit the pavement…only I can’t, because my doctor doesn’t want me to. Then, because I’m stubborn and passive aggressive or whatever, I don’t even walk when I get home because it’s not the same! I have been super lazy. As I think about labor and how they say if you stay fit during your pregnancy, it loosens your joints for an easier delivery, I feel motivated. Then I get home and want to lay on the couch. That’s why I think I may join the gym again. I can stop by on the way home and swim, walk and ride the stationary bike, maybe workout on the elliptical. If not, I’m determined to get my butt off the couch and walk when I get home each night. I know your life is never the same after you have a baby, but I am fully determined to get back in shape after the baby’s born. I am blessed to have a husband who I’m sure will watch our little one as I get out on some runs and rides in the future. Anyone who knows me knows how impatient I am, and this is something I’ll just have to be patient and wait for. I’m sure when my feet do hit the pavement again sometime late fall/early winter, it will be all the more worth it for having waited in eager anticipation. And how exciting it is to think that when it warms up I can even take the baby out in a little jogging stroller, too! J I’m trying my hardest to get Jenni pumped up for our first post-baby tri, when I can put a little shirt on the baby like we’ve seen at so many races (SO CUTE!!) “Swim Mom, Bike Mom, Run Mom, GO MOM!” She seems to think it would be more fun to hold the little tyke and cheer me on, but no way – Olympic distance here we come!! :)

No comments:

Blog Archive