Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A lady last night at BSF & a lady at work today asked me if I was pregnant. Ryan thinks it would be funny if I said "No." You know, just to get a rise out of them. The lady at work said I really "popped," because she didn't even know I was pregnant last week. At least I'm starting to look pregnant and not just bloated. :) I was at my parents for Easter, and they were joking that maybe I was going to pop out some twins, since I'm so big. Ryan didn't find that quite as humerous as everyone else did...I think he's nervous about seeing me pop out one and raising it.

It is crazy to think that tomorrow I will be 15 weeks pregnant. It seems like just yesterday I saw that little EPT "pregnant." I am only 175 days to go until my EDD. When I think about how fast the last six months have flown by, I am sure that the next six months will go by just as fast. I want to relish in being pregnant, the experience and blessing that it is.

Last night I had the sweetest dream that I had a little girl. She wasn't a baby; she was about 4 or 5 in the dream, and I picked her up from my parent's house. When we got home, I tucked her into bed and read her a story, and she said "I love you, Mommy." I was so thankful for this dream, because for the last week or so I've had some weird dreams, not all of them pleasant. I can't wait until I can hold my baby in my arms and bring him/her home. I know it's hard work. I know it will be a challenge. I also know what a gift it will be.

I'm praying for my doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon. While the appointment itself should be pretty uneventful, I will go get my labwork for the multiple marker screening. I am praying that there will not even be a hint of a positive result for Down's or any other complication. I am excited to hear the heartbeat, as the doctor's doppler is a bit stronger than mine and always picks up the little kicks that mine doesn't at home. The baby is now about the size of an orange, about 4 inches in length and about 2.5 oz. S/he is doing acrobatics inside, and the legs are now longer than the arms. S/he is becoming more human-like.

No comments:

Blog Archive