Thursday, April 9, 2009

Funny Story (written 4/6 - forgot to post)

Couple new things going on regarding the pregnancy: 1) my brain feels mushy as if the baby is sucking any active brain cells out and severely decreasing my ability to remember and concentrate, 2) I’ve become even more hyper-emotional and 3) I’m hungry pretty much all the time. A bonus: the morning sickness is starting to go away – YAY!

As I’ve posted before, I am studying the Life of Moses at BSF this year. It is pretty obvious that near the end of our study, which is quickly approaching, Moses will die. I am sure that most people know that, including myself. Yesterday I was reading the Bible and doing my lesson when I came across this section of Scripture:

“ 12 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go up this mountain in the Abarim range and see the land I have given the Israelites. 13 After you have seen it, you too will be gathered to your people, as your brother Aaron was, 14 for when the community rebelled at the waters in the Desert of Zin, both of you disobeyed my command to honor me as holy before their eyes." (These were the waters of Meribah Kadesh, in the Desert of Zin.)” – Numbers 27:12-14

As soon as I started reading “you too will be gathered to your people,” I started bawling. Not just a couple tears, no – I actually shook a little bit from the tears and had to blow my nose. Then, I read the question on my lesson, “If you only had a week to live, how would you spend your time?” Well, that just sent me into another tearfest, at which point, Ryan walks in. He kind of gives me this “look.” “Moses is going to die!” I say through tears, to which Ryan replies, “OK…” and laughs at me. Anyways, about an hour later I was giggling about my overemotional reaction to this fact of which I logically knew was bound to happen. I just thought I’d share about my hyper-emotional state, because really – what fun is life if you can’t laugh at yourself a little?

No comments:

Blog Archive