Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Yak! OK, not quite...

I was much more queasy today. So much in fact, that I actually gagged a couple of times. Once when I was walking out through the foyer to go to lunch, and I smelled the lovely (not) aroma of a man's extremely strong cologne and a mix of beef cooking at the snack bar and once after lunch when I was in the back and smelled someone's heated TV dinner. The first one almost made me puke - I held my breath until I got outside then breathed very deeply. I am also looking forward to any time I can sleep. It's become my routine to take a nap at lunch, go to bed early and get up slightly later. Today at work I also had to ask one of the tellers for some small rubberbands, which I then put around the buttons on my pants, as buttoning my normal pants now make me look like I hav world's worst muffin top. No, I am not naive enough to think I am showing - it is simply bloat, and with pants that were already getting a little too snug (regretting all those Christmas treats...), the waist is now very uncomfortable. As weird as this sounds, I am somewhat happy about these new symptoms.

Sunday night Ryan & I had just finished reading about our baby's development and were getting ready to turn in after a nice Super Bowl party with some friends when I noticed some slight spotting when I went to the bathroom. I was so worried, but thankfully God still blessed me with a good night's sleep. I called my doctor Monday morning, and her nurse called me back. She explained that sometimes women will spot the first month around the time they'd get their period, because the body's just getting used to everything. She said that it is very common in the first trimester to lightly spot. Since I am still so early on into the pregnancy, an ultrasound would be ineffective at noticing whether or not anything is wrong, so just to be safe, she had me go in to get some blood drawn to check my HCG (the pregnancy hormone) levels. I will go in again tomorrow at the same time to see if the levels are rising as they should (they should double every 2 days). I am so blessed that God has been keeping me at peace and am very thankful for the prayers of some close friends for that. As a side note, the phlebotomist was training, and anyone who knows me knows that wasn't going to fly - I am terrified of needles - so I felt bad, but I made the trainer draw my blood. I will get the results either Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning. I'm praying for God to increase my hormone levels as they should. I am blessed to have such a caring Heavenly Father, One who lets me know that even if my world is topsy turvy, or even if it is bliss, He surrounds me and will always be there with His arms wrapped around me. When I opened my e-mail yesterday morning, my mind filled with fear and worry, God was so sweet to give me these verses of the day from KLOVE:

"I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers." - Isaiah 65:24

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." - Jeremiah 33:3-4

No comments:

Blog Archive