Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First Appointment and Announcements

We had our first doctor’s appointment yesterday. She confirmed the pregnancy using a urine test, will send that to the labs to check it all out and ordered some more blood work, which I had done yesterday afternoon. She said everything looks great according to the blood tests last week. She gave me some precautions of when to call her, what I can take as far as OTC medications, exercise, etc… She told me my morning sickness is going to get worse soon, because I will hit the six week mark on Wednesday; generally, I guess, this is when it starts to worsen. Every Wednesday thereafter is when I will change from week to week. My due date is October 7th – poor Ryan can’t go hunting in late September or at all in October this year L. According to the books, our little baby is approximately the size of a sweet pea, his/her heart is now beating, the arm & leg buds are beginning to form, and his/her ear canals are beginning to form in the shape of little bumps. J

Sometimes I get sad or frustrated, because it seems I wake up some mornings and have more symptoms than others. Today was a day when I woke up and felt time. Exhausted, yes, but other than that no symptoms. Yesterday I felt very nauseous in the afternoon, and although it was not “fun” it was my body’s way of telling me that things are changing, that everything’s “normal.” It’s hard to explain – I am not wishing to puke, I just wish I “felt pregnant.” I was a little disappointed yesterday, because I think I expected them to do a doppler ultrasound to see the heartbeat or the yoke sack. I don’t know where I got that expectation, but it was in my mind somehow. I now have to wait 5 weeks before I can go back to the doctor (on March 16th). It seems like SUCH a long time! On that day, they will do the doppler ultrasound to see the heartbeat. She said that there’s a chance they can see it at 10 weeks, but I know myself. If I didn’t see it at 10 weeks, I would probably be a nervous wreck waiting out the week until 11 weeks, so I just scheduled it for 11 weeks right off the bat. Now is my time to trust God that He’s developing the baby as it should be and trust His plan if something else should happen. I’m praying the blood work comes back normal again, that my HCG, progesterone and estrogen levels are going up nicely.

Ryan & I decided to tell our parents this weekend. We are going up to Colorado on Saturday for a visit, so we’ll be able to tell them in person, We’re going to go to dinner with my parents, and hopefully Sarah & Rey (my sister & her husband) – hasn’t gotten back to me yet – on Friday night. Since it’s Valentine’s Day on Saturday, for my family I am going to make some old-fashioned homemade valentines with construction paper and doilies, and I’m going to write a little poem on it to let them know there is a baby on the way. Something like:

My smile can’t be seen yet
My fingers not yet gripped
My little lips can’t kiss you
And you can’t hear my laugh

My God is doing His job
Knitting and knitting away
Did you know that I am being
Fearfully and wonderfully made

For now I’m warm and toasty
Until that exciting day
I’ll meet you October 7th
At least that’s what they say

I’m not telling exactly when
But of this you can be sure
I want to be your Valentine, (Name)
In February 2010

No comments:

Blog Archive