Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ryan & I went to dinner and for ice cream last night to celebrate. In tough economic times and being a man, Ryan is excited but nervous. We kind of discussed telling family in a few weeks after my first doctor's appointment. I would be about 6 weeks along. I think we both thought this might be a fun idea last night, but the more I thought about it today, I'm just not sure. It's soon enough to possibly hear the heartbeat but still too soon that something could also go wrong. Something to be praying about. I slept really bad last night; I think the excitement of finding out yesterday turned over to worry. I must trust the Lord, no matter how hard. The benefit of that is that my baby is in His hands, and I don't need to worry about trying to control anything. I just need to make sure to take care of myself. Sometimes not worrying is easier said than done, though. My favorite verses right now are Psalm 56:3, "When I am afraid, I will trust in You." and Jeremiah 29:11, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

My new symptoms include waking up in the middle of the night starving, because I didn't eat enough dinner last night, being very bloated (maybe TMI but very gassy, too), smelling the cologne on a guy today and gagging. Although I haven't really thrown up yet, nothing sounds good to eat - nothing healthy, anyway. :) It could be because I was awake off and on and tossing and turning for about an hour and half last night, but I was super tired today, too. And I had to use the restroom quite a bit more.

No comments:

Blog Archive