Wednesday, July 15, 2009


...and hello double chin, the thing I have in my pre-pregnancy photos but which pregnancy has accentuated. But I'm so excited about being 28 weeks pregnant and only 12 weeks from my due date that I'm choosing not to care. :) I seriously CANNOT WAIT to meet our baby girl!


28 week update

How far along? 28 weeks T
Total weight gain/loss: +.9 lbs. last week/25.7 lbs. overall
Maternity clothes: Nothin’ but
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Interrupted by frequent bathroom breaks, but pretty good overall. CRAZY dreams! Last night I dreamt that creatures from Lord of the Rings were trying to chase the humans out of their land, and I was trying to rescue my glasses. Weird.
Best moment this week: Finding out I don’t need surgery! I never thought I’d be thanking the Lord that all I have is hemorrhoids (sorry, I know it’s TMI, but this is my “journal” of sorts, too!). Also finding out my glucose levels are normal from the glucose test. YAY! Movement: Like crazy. She likes to lodge herself up against my ribs or stretch out sometimes real hard into me, and I have to coerce her down with a nice, cold can of Ryan’s Pepsi.
Food cravings: Salad & V8…I think this could be related to the fact that my OB called with my lab results and said my iron’s really low. I have to start taking a supplement.
Gender: It’s a girl!
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks contractions.
Belly button in or out? In.
What I miss: Making it through my workday without a heating pad for my back.
What I am looking forward to: My baby shower.
Weekly Wisdom: I started reading “Baby Wise,” and the best advice I’ve read so far is (1) children look at how you and your spouse relate to each other and seeing your love and commitment are one of their deepest emotional needs, so it’s important to continue to make time for one another 1-on-1, be affectionate and have date nights. (2) Child-centered parenting is setting your children up for big disappointment when they learn later in life that (paraphrasing here) the world doesn’t revolve around them – it’s not our job to be our child’s friend but parents. Friendship with our children should be an ultimate goal when they are adults and our job as parents are done.

1 comment:

Beth said...

girl I only wished we lived closer so we could have playdates! I am also reading baby wise! Liesl emailed us yesterday, she is having contractions and feels like she is going to go early, I am sitting on go!!! You look amazing, I am daily having to release my body to the Lord and realize that this is but a moment in time and moment I have wanted for so long. There will be plenty of time for weight watchers after, embrace today!!! Love you!

Blog Archive