Thursday, September 5, 2013

38 weeks

How far along: 38 weeks - I can't believe this will be my last pregnancy update!!

Size of Baby: watermelon

Total weight gain: +35 lbs.

Stretch marks? Nope.

Sleep: Last night I had a surprising night of great sleep and was able to go immediately back to sleep when I woke up to pee. Yay! Other than that, it's hit or miss. I'm convinced it's preparation for sleepless nights with a baby.

Best moments this week: I picked up my maternity photos! They are super adorable (I put some below). My friend Steph and I also got together to sew my car seat cover, of which she did most of the work, and it's really cute. I didn't have one with Zooey, and I'm excited for it. It was fun to get together and make that. Tennyson's room is also almost done, except for three pictures. Ryan has made HUGE progress on my grandma's bathroom, which is so nice! It's almost done. The house progress has been a big relief to me. Even if it's not 100% done when Tennyson comes, I know it'll happen relatively quickly now, as everything is more than half way done.

Movement:Yes, still strong and on a little routine. He's a lot lower this week, so the movement's pretty painful at times. I'm still just so thankful I get to feel him moving about.

Food cravings: Not really...I haven't been really hungry for anything, and I feel sick a lot. I have had an ice tea and ice craving, which also happened with Zooey near the end.

What I miss: I have really been missing holding Zooey on my lap! I also miss running, but I know I have awhile for that, still.

What I am looking forward to: In 6 days we get to meet our little guy!!! Woohoo!

Weekly Wisdom: I'm thankful for Sarah's medical wisdom and how much more she's walked me through what's going to happen next week with my surgery even more than my doctor has. I like to know details about things like this, so it's nice to know what's going to go down when I get there. She's also given me some reassurance about some of those nagging little worries.

Milestones: I had my final prenatal checkup today. Tennyson is pretty close to birth weight and may not put on much weight this week. He is pretty much done shedding his lanugo and vernix and is basically ready to come out whenever God says it's time (which may be when it's "scheduled" or could be earlier). :)

Labor signs: Much more intense and frequent BH contractions, he's lower.

   
38 weeks
Here are some of the maternity pictures, which were taken when I was 35 weeks. I love what she did! If you are local and are looking for a photographer, Kelsey at Smitten By A Promise does a great job.










No comments: