Thursday, April 18, 2013

18 weeks

How far along: 18 weeks

Size of Baby: about 5 1/2" long and 7 oz. (about the size of a sweet potato)

Total weight gain: +11.3. The 10 lb. mark is always a "scary" one for me for some reason. I compared where I was with Zooey, and although I didn't do an 18 week update with her, it was pretty comparable. That made me feel a little better!

Stretch marks? Nope.

Sleep: Pretty good this week.

Best moment this week: Since movement is still not consistently noticeable, getting the heartbeat on the Doppler.

Movement: Yes, a couple times a day when I'm really still. 

Food cravings: imitation crab salad, watermelon

Gender: no clue.

What I miss: Well, this week I really hurt my back and decided to actually obey the doctor and stop picking Zooey up so much. I think what I miss is the way we can get stuff done faster when I can pick her up lol. Oh, well, it's a milestone for her too, and she'll learn soon enough that she needs to keep up.

What I am looking forward to: Big ultrasound in 3 weeks!

Weekly Wisdom: If you must lift, lift with your knees not your back. :)

Milestones: Baby's busy flexing arms and legs, ears are in final position, vernix is forming to protect Baby's skin.

Labor signs: Nope.

18 weeks

Sarah put little Gideon in her shirt for skin-to-skin time, and Zooey put her baby in her shirt, too. Isn't she going to be a fabulous big sister? :)


No comments:

Blog Archive