Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ruth's Chris

I know gluttony is a sin, but that didn't stop us from being on the borderline of it. We went to Ruth's Chris Steak House for our anniversary dinner, and it was oh so delicious! It was nice to have some good conversations about our life together and what the future holds. I can't wait, and even though it is unknown, I feel so blessed to have my sweet husband at my side. It was and is so nice to be able to share with each other the joy and also the nervousness we feel (mostly me - I am kind of an anxious person :) ). Ryan is so encouraging. I tell him I'm scared labor, and he reassures me. The man has passed like three kidney stones, so he knows pain! I tell him I'm very excited but know having a baby could take a toll on our marriage, as I am not naive enough to think it will not be a transition, and he presents confidence in how it will continue to be great. We shared what it will be like to bring our little girl home and the things we want to share with our children, the things we pray for even now for them. It is moments and conversations like these that I see God's hand in placing us together and how it was truly His perfect match. This vacation has been so nice, and I'm so thankful God allowed us to be able to come and honored our prayers of bonding. I kind of feel like I do on Christmas Day, when it's winding down, not ready for it to end. What a sweet, relaxing anniversary we have shared.


No comments:

Blog Archive