Friday, June 12, 2009

23 week update

How far along? 23 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: +19.3 lbs. overall
Maternity clothes: Yup.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Pretty good – I love my boppy body pillow.
Best moment this week: Ryan seeing her move two nights ago – the look on his face was just so sweet. I think he was a little surprised, too.
Movement: Lots! Very strong kicks and punches, and I think she had the hiccups earlier in the week.
Food cravings: salad, peaches, green chile.
Gender: Girl.
Labor signs: No, but I have had a couple Braxton Hicks contractions.
Belly button in or out? In…let’s keep the hope up it stays that way.
What I miss: Sushi.
What I am looking forward to: Seeing a fist/foot move across my belly.
Weekly Wisdom: From a dear friend, “Trying to fit into some set weight guidelines is just asinine, because it will drive you crazy. You just have to be as healthy as you can and realize that in the span of our lives being pregnant takes up such a short amount of it. You should cherish the privilege of carrying one of God’s children and trust that if you’re doing your best to be healthy you’ll gain what you should.”
Milestones: Seeing her move!

Today is my birthday. I was praying in the shower this morning, and I realized the absolute best gift I have is carrying this child - she is such a blessing! As I ate my birthday cake at work and felt her kicks afterward (the baby likes sugar!) I was so thankful that she is here. Pregancy is such an amazing experience. The anticipation of welcoming a child home is such a warm one, albeit a little scary at times, but I know God has and will continue to prepare Ryan and me. And today marks the last of my countdown for vacation. I am officially off for 9 days, and I could not be more happy as it couldn't have come at a better time.

No comments:

Blog Archive