Thursday, May 15, 2014

Look who's 8 months old!

Ok, so I say it every month, and I'll say it again: I cannot believe that time goes so quick with kids! Tennyson is eight months old. Here's what he's up to these days:

Tennyson loves:
- Daddy. When Ryan is home, Ryan is all that Tennyson looks at.
- Spitting. He likes to blow raspberries while he's eating and nursing. We're working on more appropriate times to do this. :)
- Finger foods. He loves and eats pretty much anything I put down in front of him, but of course his favorites are yogurt melts. When he eats finger foods, he starts talking like crazy! He loudly babbles and squeals and is pretty serious about his food, gauged by his little expression.
- Zooey. These two crack each other up! I love it! Right now their favorite games include shaking their heads at each other and Zooey putting her head on his tummy, which he finds hilarious.
- Gideon. Every time he sees him he tries to hold his hand or "go to him." Gideon's not always so sure. :) Tennyson loves to watch Gideon crawl. I think he's trying to figure it out.
- Of course, RaRa. :) He has really grown in his love for her and started to reach for her when we're together.
- Baths. He has started to squeal and bounce when I start the water and protest when it's time to get out.
- Being outside, especially touching trees and flowers.
- Balls
- Books, especially holding books.
- Music

Tennyson dislikes:
- He's at that stage he's starting to get really honked off when it's time to get dressed or undressed.
- Waiting for food. :)
- When you try to take a book away to read it. LOL, I have to give him a separate book to hold while I read another one.

Tennyson is now:
- Standing assisted
- Babbling and beginning to use some jargon
- Signing "more"
- Banging objects together
- Sometimes copying sounds and actions
- He definitely understands many words, especially names of family.
- Drinks from a straw sippy cup, thanks to a tip someone gave my sister that some breastfed babies won't do a normal sippy but will drink from a straw.

Tennyson is a very good baby. I think I've said before that he is very "chill" just like his daddy. He goes with the flow and is usually happy about it. I took him with me to Sharing Day at BSF, and even he only slept about 20 minutes out of the five hours he was awake, he was still pretty happy by the time we got home. He's a great sleeper. He lets Zooey poke and prod and hug and tickle him, and most of the time just giggles at it. He isn't yet to the stage where he gets super fussy when I set him down and leave him, and although he had a brief bout with some separation anxiety earlier this month, he got over it quickly, especially if Zooey's in the room with him. We started independent play more consistently, and he doesn't cry but happily plays and talks until it's time to come out. He's super happy and loves to be around the family. He is a little flirt and loves to ham it up with all the ladies we come into contact with at BSF, speech, school and stores. He just grins and bashfully turns his head away only to give another sweet smile. I sure love my little man and am so thankful God blessed our family with him.






No comments:

Blog Archive