Friday, November 18, 2011

25 months

Cute stuff:
-She takes her socks off for naps and bed, because she doesn't like to sleep with socks on.
-When she gets excited, she runs in place; this is also how she dances.
-She thinks it's super funny to have her underarms tickled.
-She loves the leaves that are falling and picks them up everywhere! This is often a challenge in parking lots, but most of the time it's cute to see her squeal with joy at every new leaf she comes across.
-When we ask her what a dog or cat says, she sticks out her tongue and tries to "lick" like a dog or cat would when they're drinking water. She also tries to pant for a dog.
-She's getting more social and curious about the other kids we hang out with. She likes to give them hugs and often watches them playing or tries to play "with" them.

New Stuff/Big girl!
-Zooey can now climb on one of the couches without a stool.
-She has two of her 2-year molars (the bottom ones), and I didn't even know she had them until I got a peek inside her mouth two weeks ago!
-She's enjoying more "imagination play," like caring for her dollies and stuffed animals.
-She's enjoying TV a little more and enjoys Yo Gabba Gabba and is starting to get into Sesame Street.
-It seems like she's trying to form more words; her babbling is more complex, and it sounds like she's saying sentences, although we don't know what they mean. :)
-I've taken Zooey to the aquarium and zoo a couple of times in the last month, and she's really interested in the animals now. Before she would kind of look more at the exhibits or the bushes, but now she tries to find the animals I'm pointing to and she smiles when she sees them. On the same note, she's starting to sit still at the library (yay!) for most of the time we're there. She is also beginning to try to do the movements to songs we learn there or on her kid's CD's.

I've decided to add a short bit about new stuff we've added or changes in regards to our routine (notes for next time...):
-Because we've been trying to read to her more to increase her language, but she won't sit still, I've added "story time" 20 minutes before her bath. Most nights she sits still for this, and as a plus, it seems to help her wind down a little more, too.
-Zooey never really slowed down too much on her food in her 2nd year, but it seems like she's starting to slow down. The last two weeks she hasn't eaten as much as has been "normal" for her in the past.

Zooey is a such a source of joy! Even if I was working right now outside the home, I think I'd find it very hard to get motivated some days to get up, get out of bed and get moving. I think I'd want to lay in bed and wallow in my grief. As it is now, I am usually filled with joy and the blessing of caring for her every day. This is another way I marvel at God, His gifts and His perfect timing. Because I have Zooey, this little person fully depending on me to get her diaper changed, get her fed, love on her, etc. I have such a purpose in my daily life that cannot be ignored, yet it is more than obligation - she gives me so much joy, even on the tough days with temper tantrums and non-stop boundary-pushing. If you know Zooey, you know she is a very sweet, loving little girl. She is certainly independent, but she loves to come up and rest her head on you for a quick snuggle or give us a little kiss. She is generally obedient most of the time (I hear the three's are killer!), and she is my little "buddy;" I love hanging out with her and just watching her grow into her own little self. I'm just so thankful for her!



watching TV & eating breakfast

Steelers vs. Cowboys :) 





No comments:

Blog Archive