Monday, February 6, 2012

Six Months Gone

My mom has been gone from this earth for six months today.

I've been thinking about her a lot. Sometimes it's little things, like how I was remembering her love for "drama." I was reminiscing about the time there was an seemingly intoxicated person on one of the residential streets in our neighborhood who fell asleep on the side of the road. My mom called the police and waited until they came. We were with her in the car...I was probably about 15. Or the time my grandma's purse got snatched at the pool on my 12th birthday. After they found her purse in a dumpster, my mom, grandma, Sarah & I got all detective on the guy and basically started stalking the area looking for him. Probably not too safe, but we had fun. Other times I think about huge things she did for us, like pray for her family in detail and consistently ever since she became a Christian. Or how she stayed home to raise us and wanted nothing for us but that we know the Lord and follow Him well. Sarah and I both have had some separate issues in the last week that have just been overwhelming for each of us. She called me for her issue; I spoke to her about mine. We both agreed that it's just not the same as being able to pick up the phone and call our mom.

Half a year...who would've thought I'd make it this long? I sure didn't feel like it. I miss her so much.

No comments:

Blog Archive