Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Personal God

Oh how I wish I could capture all the reminders that God is alive and present and working intimately in my life. I am deeply thankful that He has answered my prayer to open my eyes to see His comfort and what He has for me in the last few weeks. My mom decided to fore go further treatment, so the last week has been a rough one. My mom is a godly lady, and I know that she devoted much prayer to her decision. I also totally understand her choice. I would not want to be sick in bed for two weeks and have to get treatment every three, only to have one good week in between. That would not be a great way to spend the rest of this earthly life. I really feel that this choice sunk in with me last Tuesday, when I did my lesson and God revealed to me "See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this. How can I let myself be defamed. I will not yield my glory to another" in Isaiah 48:10-11. Saturday at Leader's, we sung, "Trust Him When They Wants Are Many," a hymn by Lucy A. Bennett, and the room got quiet at just the right time: "Trust Him when dark doubts assail thee, trust Him when thy strength is small, trust Him when to simply trust Him seems the hardest thing of all." And to top that off, He gave me many words of comfort at our fellowship.

Monday I got a beautiful email in response to my prayer for healing of this icky sinus thing. It said, "Remember our God of great comfort and strength who gives comfort to His people Comfort, Comfort my people says your God. Is. 40:1 and Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will walk and will not faint. Is. 40:31. But when we don't think we can soar, walk or run one more step...He says 'I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you 'do not fear, I will help you.'"

The last few days have been filled with opposition on my time regarding my service to Him. I was late to BSF last night and a MOPS group this morning for which I made food for, because it just seems like everything hits when you need to go somewhere to do something for Him. I'm sick again, too, and my prayer in the car was something close to, although not verbatim, "God don't you see? How much more, Lord?" And how gracious is He to remind me He's here, He remembers and sees me with this AMAZING verse, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me" Isaiah 49:16. He also gave me vs. 13 "Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the Lord comforts His people and will have compassion on His afflicted ones."

So you see, I don't need to worry about my future or even the present. He's got it.

God is real. Jesus IS personal. He is a Promise Keeper who never breaks His promises.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I have no words but I am praying for you sweet Amber..praying, praying, praying...

Blog Archive